Dave’s financial education started with a cautionary experience when he was right out of college. As an engineer for a tech company, he’s had tremendous success developing a phone app and benefitting from a soaring stock price on company stock options. He’d become an overnight millionaire – before losing most of the value when the tech bubble burst. He realized how much better off he would have been with the advice of a financial advisor.
In his practice, Dave is dedicated to ensuring that clients know that he genuinely cares for them and their families and is committed to their financial success. He enjoys educating clients about markets, investments, and financial planning. He recognizes that a certain amount of risk is necessary from an investment perspective but counsels clients away from taking on unnecessary financial risk.
- B.A. in Engineering from Dartmouth College
- Bachelor of Engineering from Dartmouth College – Thayer School of Engineering
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
Volunteer and Leadership:
- Fundraising for Johns Hopkins Children’s Center & Pediatric Food Allergy Research
- Served as treasurer of the Dartmouth Club of Washington DC
- Volunteer soccer coach for his daughters’ team through Arlington Soccer Associations
- Sports & Hobbies: Washington Nationals baseball and Washington Capitals hockey teams.
- Watching professional women’s soccer matches with my daughters
- Any vacation boating on the water: driving a pontoon boat at Smith Mountain Lake, VA, sailing to Catalina Island with my dad, taking a kayak on the waves at Sandbridge Beach, or even a Disney cruise with my family.
- “Being on the water can be peaceful and a great time to reflect – it can also be very active and thrilling.”
Anything else you love or that gets you excited?
- “I really enjoy cooking, primarily a good stir fry in the wok, or coming up with a new, safe recipe that allows my food allergic daughter to try a common food she’s never had before.”